Dave Jevans, CEO of Cipher Trace, talks about what the new draft guidance from the FATF (Financial Action Task Force) means for DeFi, NFTs, and crypto in general. In this show, he breaks down:
- the six main areas the draft guidance covers, including the expansion of KYC regulatory standards into DeFi (1:07)
- how a dex like Uniswap would operate under the proposed draft guidance, and which types of companies or services providers would have to take identifying customer information (3:54)
- why DeFi applications might start requiring customers to create an account to use their platforms (7:03)
- how the crypto community has reacted to the FATF draft guidance (8:59)
- whether NFTs are affected by the proposed draft guidance (11:01)
- who the FATF recommendations apply to (13:54)
- how to reach out to FATF to comment on the draft guidance (15:32)
- the nuances of the travel rule and how DeFi developers may now be forced to include KYC mechanisms in their applications (17:29)
- how the crypto community would likely want to tweak the guidance to align the philosophy of DeFi (21:27)
- Crypto News Recap (23:42)
Thank you to our sponsors!
Download the Crypto.com app and get $25 with the code “Laura”:
Check out InterPop, a superteam redefining the future of NFTs and fandom!
Link to the Crypto News Recap: