Kraken is excited to announce the listing of Solana (SOL) and Serum (SRM) as well as staking support for Solana (SOL) with up to 6.5% in yearly rewards.
Deposits and withdrawals for both assets are open so you can start depositing now! Staking is also available for SOL today.
- SOL and SRM trading and staking is not available for residents of the US, Canada, Japan and Australia at this time.
Here’s a rundown of the new assets available for deposit on Kraken today.
Solana – Solana is a blockchain platform that aims to increase user scalability through faster transaction settlement times. The Solana software includes a flexible infrastructure that allows developers to write and launch smart contracts using multiple programming languages. The SOL cryptocurrency plays a key role in maintaining and operating the Solana ecosystem and is used to execute smart contracts, send transactions, and incentivize actors that support the network.
Serum – SRM is the cryptocurrency used by Serum, a software running on Solana where a global network of users maintain an exchange where cryptocurrencies can be bought and sold by traders. Central to its design is a decentralized order book aimed to operate similarly to traditional exchanges by matching buyers and sellers. SRM holders can use their tokens to pay for fees on the exchange while also receiving up to a 50 percent discount on them.
What time will funding, trading and staking start?
- Funding: Already available – you can deposit SOL & SRM now!
- Trading: Starts June 17 at approximately 15:30 UTC (Kraken will enable order entry and execution at this time)
- SOL Staking: Already available today
- Updates will be posted on the status page near launch time
Each new asset will be available for trading in USD, EUR, GBP and BTC.
How to Deposit
- Navigate to “Funding” > Select the asset. You can find the asset either by ticking “Show all assets” or by searching (e.g for “SOL” or “SRM”)
- Click “Deposit” next to the asset and follow the on-screen instructions
How to Stake
- Navigate to “Earn”
- Click on ‘STAKING’ and then select the asset you would like to stake
- Input the amount of the asset that you would like to stake and follow the on-screen instructions
Confirmations required before deposits credit
- SOL: Near instant
- SRM: Near instant
Fees and Funding Minimums
Which services will be available for SOL and SRM?
Not (yet) available
Will Kraken list more assets?
Yes! But our policy is to never reveal any details until shortly before launch – not even which assets we are considering. All of Kraken’s listed tokens are available on our website, and all future tokens will be announced on Kraken’s blog and social media profiles. Our client engagement specialists cannot answer any questions about which assets we may be listing in the future.
Trade with caution
Limit orders are recommended when trading starts since the markets may be illiquid initially. Be extremely careful with market orders and orders that trigger market orders (e.g. stop loss).
Invest with caution
Listing an asset or token for trade is not a recommendation to buy, sell, or participate in the associated network. Do your own research and invest at your own risk.