Scuderia Ferrari, the racing division of the luxury Italian car manufacturer Ferrari, has inked a partnership with Velas Network AG, a Swiss-based blockchain company that specializes in NFT-related products.
- Per the announcement, Velas will be Scuderia’s exclusive provider of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) under the new deal, which will unlock new ways of interaction between one of the most winningest Formula One teams and its fans.
- The first drop of exclusive digital collectibles will drop in March 2022, at the start of the new F1 season.
- In addition to being Ferrari’s sole digital content creator, Velas will also sponsor the Ferrari Esports Series, the online mono-brand series of the so-called Prancing Horse, and of the Esports team that will compete in the F1 Esports Series.
- Mattia Binotto, General Manager of Scuderia Ferrari, stated that the team is “pleased” to work with Velas and that the two companies share the same values.
- Farhad Shagulyamov, CEO and co-founder of Velas, said that the company is excited about the prospects of showcasing its blockchain products “at the pinnacle of motorsport.”
- Scuderia Ferrari is not the first team to provide access to NFT-powered content to its fans around the world. Earlier this year, McLaren Racing, the renowned automotive brand, announced the launch of an NFT collection in collaboration with Tezos.
- The fan-favorite racing team took to Twitter to announce the new partnership.
David is a crypto enthusiast and an expert in personal finance. He has created numerous publications for different platforms. He loves to explore new things, and that’s how he discovered blockchain in the first place.